Comments Off on 25% Off – VMware Workstation Pro
VMware Workstation 12 Pro:
- Built for Windows 10 – Enables IT professionals and developers to test and develop for Windows 10 with their existing Windows or Linux PC. Take advantage of the latest features in Windows 10 like Cortana, the personal digital assistant and the inking capabilities in the new Edge web browser, or begin building universal applications for Windows 10 devices.
- Enhanced Graphics Engine – With support for Microsoft DirectX 10 and OpenGL 3.3, VMware Workstation 12 Pro enables and expands the type of 3-D graphics applications that can run inside a virtual machine.
- Improved Performance – With performance improvements of up to 3x when suspending or resuming encrypted virtual machines, up to 36 percent faster 3-D graphics, and improved echo and noise cancellation when using Skype and Lync VoIP calls within a VM.
- Ready for the Latest PCs and Tablets – Optimized to support high resolution 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) displays for desktops and QHD+ (3200×1800) displays used in laptops and x86 tablets. Improvements in handling mixed environments between standard resolution PCs and 4K displays.
- VMware vCloud Air Incentive Program – To help users get familiar with the benefits of cloud computing, VMware Workstation 12 Pro customers are eligible to receive $600 in vCloud Air service credit to use for up to 6 months – twice the standard VMware vCloud Air sign-up offer.
Features of VMware Workstation
As the leading software for desktop virtualization, VMware Workstation recently introduced the newest VMware Workstation that is especially designed for technical professionals such as quality assurance analysts, trainers, software developers, and sales professionals. VMware Workstation includes additional features that truly make it more powerful and efficient.
- OS Compatibility. With the latest upgrade, VMware Workstation has been improved to include the newest Windows operating system from Windows 8.1, Windows 10 Technical Preview, and Windows 2012. For all Linux users, they can now test the environments for Debian 7.6, Fedora 21, Red 7, Ubuntu 14.10, and CentOS 7.
- Up-To-Date Performance. Compared to Workstation 10, Workstation 11 now supports Intel 64-bit x86 processors. It also bumped its CPU intensive operations to up to 45%. Running even the heaviest applications, especially those with intensive graphics such as AutoCad and Solidworks, in its virtualized environment has become easier. This is because of the enhanced 3D graphics and newly supported OpenGL 2.1 and DirectX 9.0C Shader Model 3 graphics.
- Device Compatibility. The wide array of compatibility for any device from tablets to laptops was highly considered in creating VMware Workstation. It supports x86 tablets to higher resolution displays of 3200×1800 pixels. Apart from the device’s resolution, Workstation 11 is convenient to use with other devices such as USB 3.0 and Bluetooth. It is also suitable for HD audio 7.1 surround sound.
- Working with Workstation 11 enables you to leverage on external cloud to run and manage your virtual machines. vCloud Air has now been integrated so you can easily upload and run your virtual machines straight from your Workstation 11.
- Improved User Interface. Another great thing about Workstation 11 is that you can navigate either from your personal computer or in the cloud. The interface is user-friendly such that everything — from the menus and tabs to other preferences — are simplified.
- With the improved interface, you can manage other virtual machines for setup and reboot right from the desktop. Since you can easily control everything from your own desktop, installing of a new operating system and drivers in other virtual machines can be done simultaneously even with 2 or more monitors.
- Tight Security. Unlike other workstations, Workstation 11 includes the new Snapshot and Clone features. These features are created so that you can easily go back to the previous state of your virtual machine and easily save the same settings from other previously configured virtual machines.
(VMware Workstation 11)