Learning Portuguese Language
There are over 210 million native people that speak Portuguese worldwide. It is considered as the sixth most common language in the world. It is also spoken in most South American countries. It is also considered as one of the Romance Languages—sometimes called Neo-Latin languages. It evolved from Latin around the 6th to 9th century. It is also humorously called “retarded Spanish” because of the near-similar words that the two languages use.
In today’s digital world, learning Portuguese will not be that difficult. The reason is that there is a language learning software available known as Fluenz Portuguese, a software intended to assist in learning to speak and understand the language.
The software is available for purchase online and has 2 levels; level 1 and level 2. Level 1 costs $177, while level 2 costs $198. When you purchase the program there are several items included. These are 2 DVDs, 2 audio books, a phrasebook navigator, access to podcasts, a user guide, and brochures. The software offers a 100% money back guarantee as well as free shipping to anywhere in the United States.
Compared to other language learning guides and software, Fluenz Portuguese has a video tutor. It takes you through a step-by-step process throughout the entire course. It also provides explanations and context for each lesson. This approach sets Fluenz Portuguese apart from other language learning programs that focus on immersive learning. The concepts of the course are explained in English. That way, you won’t have to guess what each word means.
Reading and writing will be emphasized in the early parts of the course. Reading, writing, and speaking are intermingled as the course progresses. This will help the student further understand Portuguese.
Like most items in the market, Fluenz Portuguese has its fair share of pros and cons.
- Repetition is focused – The best way to learn a new word is to keep on repeating it as many times as possible.
- Video tutor is of great help – With the use of video tutor, a detailed explanation of every word, phrase, and sentence makes learning Portuguese fun, easy, and informative.
- Grammar – As with any language, grammar is of great importance. Fluenz Portuguese has various materials to help in improving grammar.
- Customer support – Unlike other language courses, Fluenz Portuguese provides both technical and customer support for more comprehensive assistance.
- Lessons are interconnected – Each lesson connects with the other compared to other language courses.
- Clear pronunciation – The speakers talk and pronounce words clearly for the learner to understand. It also makes pronouncing words easier.
- Speech recognition tools are not included – Unlike other language learning programs, Fluenz Portuguese does not have any speech recognition tools. Instead, it allows you to record your voice and the program compares it to a native speaker. It may be a disadvantage, but it is not as big a hurdle as you might think. Speech recognition tools of other language assistance programs are often inaccurate and frustrating most of the time.
- No web tutor – The video tutor may be helpful, but having an actual person to assess and evaluate your progress is more advantageous.
- Price – Fluenz Portuguese is a bit pricey compared to other language assistance programs.
To conclude, Fluenz Portuguese is definitely a good program in helping you learn Portuguese. The emphasis on proper grammar structure, appropriate enunciation, and correct writing is what makes Fluez Portuguese unique and more helpful than most language assistance programs.