east-tec Eraser: Safeguard Your Data and Conceal Your Internet Activities to Protect Your Privacy
east-tec Eraser is an efficient privacy protection tool that lets you achieve offline and online privacy as it eliminates all traces and history of Internet activities. It also cleans your computer as it deletes unnecessary files thereby improving your computer’s performance. It runs on the background that it does not affect your work process.
Get Online Protection
- Data stored on your computer without you approving it is deleted: unwanted cookies, web pages and images from sites you visited, temporary files, deleted e-mail messages, and others. All these are located in the Privacy Guard Module.
Clean Software History
- east-tec Eraser cleans history and traces of programs you regularly use: Google Talk, Skype, Dropbox, Microsoft Office, iTunes, BearShare, uTorrent, Outlook Express and others.
Automatic or Scheduled Cleanup
- Cleaning of computer using the integrated scheduler of east-tec Eraser automatically offers you protection by eliminating records of your online activities at your set time (every five days, twice a month, every Monday, and others) and event (each time you close the browser, when your computer is idle for certain minutes, and others).
Removable Device Wiper
- Wipe out files and folders saved in your memory cards (SD, Micro SD, and others) and USB flash drives to eliminate risk when sharing these removable devices to other people. Go to the Media Wiper module to use this feature.
Better System Performance
- east-tec Eraser gets rid of huge amount of temporary and worthless data generated from software applications (productivity software like Microsoft Office, system tools, and browsers). Because these eat up valuable space on your hard drive, deletion subsequently makes your computer to run faster.
Internationally-Accepted Wiping Standards
- This privacy protection software meets industry and government standards in the permanent removal of digital data.
Overall Benefits to Users
- Increase free space on your hard drive and therefore allow your computer to work faster and to install more applications
- Eliminate risk of (sensitive) files being disclosed to others through sharing, selling, and stealing of removal media devices
- Leave no traces of online activity on your computer that your friends, siblings, and others will not learn of the things you do online
- Protect your privacy with the deletion of unnecessary data stored on your PC
- Resolve problems that anti-virus software cannot
- Offer complete control of your data and privacy by allowing you to adjust the level of your wiping security in accordance to your needs
east-tec Eraser version 12.6, which was released on March 15, 2016, made some improvements in the list of Privacy Guard Applications and in wiping folders. It also restored the way the system removes Windows Search index files. This version also includes more than 100 new and updated programs, including Google Chrome, Adobe Photoshop Elements 14, and FastStone Image Viewer.
- 50 MB available hard disk space
- FAT12, 16, 32; exFAT, and NTFS
- 256 MB RAM
- Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Server 2003, and Windows Server 2008
- 300 MHz processor or higher
Trial version of east-tec Eraser is available for those who want to try its reliability and efficiency.